The Many “Faces” of Orthodontics
Beautiful straight teeth aren’t just for kids anymore! Today, orthodontic treatment is simple and convenient for people of all ages! New techniques and appliances greatly reduce discomfort, number of visits for adjustments and actually can shorten the total treatment time for both children and adults. State of the art appliances and treatments are now available, from clear and tooth colored brackets, to NASA type wires that require fewer adjustments. Some patients prefer Invisalign, a revolutionary way to straighten teeth using clear aligners that require no braces or wires! With all of the advancements in Orthodontics, wearing braces has never been easier!
Dr. Long has been providing comprehensive orthodontic care for his patients for over 15 years. We offer Traditional Brackets, Interceptive Therapy and Invisalign for our patients. Each individual’s orthodontic condition requires a comprehensive evaluation and “case specific” plan. Dr. Long likes to evaluate children as young as 3 years of age, while the child is in the “growth” phase. Early orthodontic therapy can dramatically reduce the amount of time and expense of future treatment.
What are the BENEFITS of Orthodontics?
- Gives you a more beautiful smile! Straight teeth and a nice smile improve self esteem and helps create a healthier you!
- Improves facial shape and profile.
- Improves chewing function.
- Improves your ability to clean more effectively. Crowded teeth are more difficult to clean which may contribute to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Prevents excessive tooth wear. Protruding teeth are more susceptible to chipping.
- Cross Bites can result in unfavorable jaw growth and damaging tooth wear.
- Freedom from jaw and joint pain.
- Open Bites can result in tongue thrusting habits and speech impediments.
- Reduces mouth breathing.
- Establishes a healthier foundation for the replacement of missing teeth or other restorative dental work.